How is the HIP pilot structured?
The HIP is designed to meet the needs of people with different development needs, schedules, requirements, and learning styles. It will offer a range of support including bespoke education, mentoring, networking and access to exclusive opportunities, expertise and resources tailored as far as possible to individual needs.
HIP Leaders Programme
- A much greater understanding of how the national and local NHS, care and wellbeing systems work, what the local system wants to achieve and how population health management can contribute to better service design and planning;
- Acquired a range of practical tools and techniques to support the development of a culture of innovation where our workforce is agile and empowered to achieve the most benefit from digital solutions;
- Greater confidence and a wide range of practical tools to bring a new mindset to NHS challenges;
- Help to identify priorities, take people with you, develop innovative solutions to practical problems; embed changes for the better and know how to build a working environment where everyone can think well for themselves.
- Greater insight into the opportunities and challenges and creative ways to manage them and the chance to work on live issues relating to digital transformation.
- Access to inspiring and very experienced leaders; and most importantly;
- A strong network of new, like-minded digital leaders who want real change too.
The Programme will four two-day, highly interactive taught modules:
- Module 1: The System, Leadership and You
- Module 2: Building an Innovation Culture and Taking People with You
- Module 3: Skills Development – Making Meetings Meaningful, Fearless Speaking and Influencing and Negotiation
- Module 4: Building and Maintaining Effective Partnerships
- One hour of one-to-one mentoring with a mentor that has been suggested by the programme team each month
- Monthly group mentoring
- Placement opportunity: Placements will take place in a range of innovative companies (size or phase of development) to suit availability and specific interests (related to addressing challenges) with duration to suit the individuals’ schedule and learning needs.
Access to the Clinical Entrepreneur Programme Pit Stops
The programme offers bespoke practical 2-day sessions on a range of key themes (such as business planning; IP and law, finance and accounting, lean start-up, communications, marketing and branding; funding; business modelling, manufacturing, how the NHS works, etc.).
Founders’ stories are delivered by HEE Health Innovators, innovators, industry, senior leaders from the NHS and healthcare and those who are experts in their field on the first evening of the Pit Stop. These are often mentors on the programme. At each Pit Stop there is a founder’s story from a Clinical Entrepreneur and a speaker from industry or the public sectors. These speakers offer a different perspective about their experience of developing their innovation and the lessons they have learned.
Understanding the NHS
Sessions are delivered from speakers from across the health and social care landscape discussing how their organisations fit into the NHS landscape, what their organisational priorities are and how they intend to meet them. Through understanding the NHS landscape more clearly, HEE Health Innovators will gain a greater understanding of where their innovations may have the greatest impact, what the key barriers are, and who their target customers are.
All HEE Health Innovators will receive intensive coaching and mentoring around how to perfect their pitching skills; this is practised often at Pit Stops and in separate sessions.
Reverse pitching/ idea generation
The programme delivers bespoke idea and reverse pitching workshops focussing on problems and issues currently seen in the NHS and as a group to unpick the problem and find alternative approaches and creative and workable solutions. Both reverse pitching and idea generation could look at NHS current priorities including cancer, mental health, primary care, A&E waiting times and NHS financial sustainability.
For more information please contact [email protected].