About the authors
Information about the authors.
Dr Alan Davies is a Senior Lecturer in Health Data Science and Programme Director of the Clinical Data Science Programme at the University of Manchester.
Dr Hatim Abdulhussein is the National Clinical Lead for Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Digital Medical Workforce at Health Education England (HEE).
Professor Angela Davies is a Professor in Clinical Bioinformatics and Healthcare Science Education at the University of Manchester.
Dr Mike Nix is a Clinical Fellow for AI and Workforce at Health Education England and the NHS AI Lab.
Dr Annabelle Painter is a Clinical Fellow for AI and Workforce at Health Education England and the NHS AI Lab.
The authors would like to thank:
- Patrick Mitchell, Alan O Davies, Prof. Adrian Brooke, Henrietta Mbeah-Bankas, Dr. Ruth Murphy, Mr. Chris Munsch, Dr. Andrew Dickenson, Marc Mie, Dr. Paul Sadler, Richard Price, Richard Turnbull, Lucy Dodkin and Melissa Tucker from Health Education England for their support with developing this framework.
- Professor Andrew Brass, Frances Hooley, Dr Lamiece Hassan, Dr Iliada Eleftheriou from the University of Manchester for their facilitation of the workshops and reviews of the framework.
- Dr Paul Bromiley (University of Manchester) for the use of the ASPIRE case study.
- Dr Iliada Eleftheriou (University of Manchester) and Thomas Capstick (Ramsay Health Care UK) for use of the Machine Learning to support chemotherapy screening and embedding AI tools in an orthopaedic pathway case studies.
- Dr Shani Gray (North Central London Integrated Care System) for remote monitoring in care homes case study.
- Dr Ibrahim Ibrahim (NHS Mid and South Essex) for outpatient transformation case study.
All the participants who gave up their time and shared their expertise in the three workshops and completing the survey.
Page last reviewed: 14 February 2023
Next review due: 20 February 2024